Have you ever wanted to write a post but had no idea what to say? I'm having one of those moments. I desperately want to write, but I don't feel like enough has changed since last time to make it "worth a post".
Chloe, my Schnoodle dog celebrated her 6th birthday yesterday, which was fun. We put extra food in her dish...I wonder if she noticed :)
Today of course, is 12/12/12. That was my mandatory comment on today's date and it's awesomeness.
I keep telling myself that I really need to clean, and organize the entire house. I have realized that I have no idea how to actually organize...like, really organize. Also, I'm convinced that elves come into our house at night to mess it up...there's just no other explanation for how it only stays clean for a day.
Last year dh and I ordered Christmas cards. We picked out a layout, took special pictures for the card, bought really cool envelopes...we were all set. We never mailed the cards. They got as far as being stuffed into the envelopes and then, upon realizing how many people we "needed" to send them to...they were never addressed. There they sat, for the entire year, in envelopes with nowhere to be sent.
This year, we did not buy photo cards, but instead wrote a Christmas letter (something I had done before we were married). I had honestly forgotten the stress of last year...the envelopes sit on my desk, haunting me. I'm really tempted to just post the letter on Facebook and call it a day...maybe not. :)
Next year, we are emailing a videogram, and sending letters only to the relatives who don't have a computer.
I really wish we could just celebrate Jesus' birth and get rid of everything else. Christmas is entirely too stressful, given the joyous occasion.
In other news, my diet continues to go well, and I'm learning to actually cook! I've made more recipes from scratch in the last two weeks than I have my entire life (sad, huh). Also, Daiya "cheese" is the best non-dairy cheese ever! I highly recommend checking them out if you're looking for that sort of thing. I even made dairy free, soy free, gluten free Mac' and Cheese the other day! It was delicious! Here's the recipe for those who are interested :)
I'm looking forward to cuddling up with my dh in a bit and watching the 12/12/12 concert streaming live. The concert is a collaboration of several big artists and all the proceeds go towards victims of Hurricane Sandy. It's going to be on these networks and websites at 7:30 EST (just a few minutes from now).
I guess that just about does it for now, though I may be back later :) I really feel like I've found a home here in the blogging world, particularly with my other Catholic IF ladies. I read many of your blogs daily, and you all have been such a great support to me. Thank you! Prayer buddy- I have been offering up all of my worries and financial troubles for you and your intentions! A big thank you to whoever is my prayer buddy - I am feeling the prayers!
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
12/12/12, and the Mac' and "Cheese" Recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah, that happens to me too (wanting to post but not really having anything to post about).
ReplyDeletelol about your photo cards. Maybe you could type up the addresses and format them to fit on a basic sheet of address labels? It would be a bit of a pain this year, but would make things so much easier in the future!
That's a good idea, maybe I will do that :) Thanks!
DeleteThanks for the recipe!
ReplyDeleteyou're welcome!
DeleteThanks for posting the recipe!! I love mac & cheese...I had it for dinner tonight. But leftover Kraft powdered cheese stuff is no match for what you posted - it looked delicious!
ReplyDeleteHaha, you're welcome! I really enjoyed it :)
DeleteDefinitely going to try the recipe. Thanks!
ReplyDelete