Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's Craft Time!

After some much-appreciated feedback, I have officially decided to include crafting and anything else I feel like writing about in this lovely blog!  Now that I think about it, crafting doesn't seem like that much of a stretch; it's kind of like art therapy, which must do something good for my Endo (right?).

Anywho, financial times in the Bolton house have been kind of tough, which inspired me to DIY all Christmas gifts this year!  So far, I'm having a blast and have had several crafting dates with girlfriends (which has been a great excuse to see some people I haven't seen in a long time).  Unfortunately, I must wait until after Christmas to share those crafts with everyone :(  but I have taken the liberty of making a few things for myself.

As many of you know, Pinterest can be a very dangerous place.  I found this project there and decided I wanted to make my own.  I love typography so I found a font I loved, but that was simple enough to recreate in puffy paint, and got to work.  Drawing the letters was pretty simple; the most difficult part of this project for me was figuring out the placing of the letters as well as getting my printer to print the letters big enough.  My letters don't look quite as perfect as the ones in the Pin, but I like that they have character.  

I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and would like to make more now that I know Wal*Mart sells canvas for cheap!

This picture is from my phone - letters on wax paper
Ta-da! (taken with my DSLR)
The details :)

2 comments: