Monday, December 3, 2012

Overhaul

Today is officially the first day of my new diet! I'm so excited, not only to have a chance to live without pain, but for a chance to live healthy. My eating habits have been pretty terrible since high school, and I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits of completely changing what I put in my body. Please pray for me that I have the discipline to stick to this crazy new set of eating rules!


Edit:  For those wondering what this crazy new diet entails... 
  • no soy
  • no dairy
  • no sugar
  • no wheat
  • no red meat
  • no caffeine 
  • lots of prayers and hard work!

9 comments:

  1. You can do it! Tu lo puedes hacer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes I really wish there was a "like" button for blogger comments :) Gracias!

      Delete
  2. Wow--thats intense! Good luck :)
    (and I wish that all the time about the "like" button!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah...this is the most radical thing I've done to date as far as my treatment goes (which is funny b/c this is by choice). I'm starting with baby steps and not cutting everything out completely; there's still so much in our house that I "can't eat" but we need to use! I'm hoping by easing into it I'll be able to stick to it better. My first rice-noodle lunch was delicious, though!

      Delete
  3. Ditto on the like button. Girl, that totally looks like my pantry! Unsweetened almond milk, brown rice pasta, and udi's bread, coconut milk is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, how do you like the bread? I tried it for the first time tonight and it was better than I expected, but I did need a lot of almond milk to wash it down :)

      Delete
    2. I like the bread, I usually get the multigrain one. I had tried a lot of dud breads before this one and it was the winner. When I eat it with sunflower seed butter I usually have to have a glass of some almond or coconut milk too! Gluten free bread is not as soft and moist as wheat bread is but now I am used to it and I would never go back. I didn't have endo but being gfree has totally helped my PCOS and stomach issues.

      Delete
  4. Something really good to snack on that is super easy to make is kale chips. Also, my husband loves the the chips called Beanitos. It helped him move from normal bad chips to something less bad. Plus if I sneak one it's not the end of the world since they are low glycemic, corn free, and gluten free.

    Hang in there on this diet. It will be worth it in the long run. It took us a while to get to where we are today. We are still a work in progress slowly adding new things each week. We figured slow and steady wins the race... Now we get a lot of joy grocery shopping to see what new healthy thing we can try. We have even inspired our neighbors and friends to cook healthier. One night a friend made a meatless, cheese-less, and gluten free lasagna. It was the best lasagna I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures look like you've been in my kitchen! Except the mushroom soup. I don't like mushrooms. :) I've been following the same diet (except sugar) for a few years. I'm going to try to eliminate sugar after the holidays. You're smart to ease into it gradually. I started gluten & dairy free at the same time, the week before Thanksgiving that year. Not such a smart move. ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete