Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Wedding Ornament

I'm having so much fun this year with all of the crafty gifts for Christmas!  I can't wait to share with everyone in less than 2 weeks!

In the meantime, I can safely share an ornament that I made for myself after seeing it on Pinterest.   The idea is that you take petals from your wedding bouquet, and put then in an ornament to hang on the Christmas tree every year.  My bouquet has been sitting around since last year waiting to a place to shine in our home. After my Dad passed away, I received his china cabinet, which now holds lots of our wedding keepsakes.  The ornament is just another great reminder of the amazing day that dh and I became one.  You can buy plain plastic ornaments at Michael's.  The best part?  This entire craft only took 10 minutes to do!

My Bouquet (it was hot pink on our wedding day)

Minus the white ribbon, used for the ornament
The ornament!  So simple and beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I saw that too, and I've been wanting to do that! Thanks for the reminder. I'll be driving by a Michael's on Saturday so I'll make sure to stop.

    ReplyDelete