Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Face the facts

I love finding out new things about people I thought I knew really well.  

Everyone has hidden talents, guilty pleasures, or things about them that make you do a double take.  This is particularly true and fun in marriage, but today I had a few realizations about myself (that dh probably knew years ago).  

SO...it's time to face the facts, as embarrassing as they might be.  Hopefully someone gets a good laugh :)

I like pop music.  All of it.  Even the songs that make no sense and have very little musical variety (think four-chord-wonder songs).  I adored the Spice Girls and 'Nsync when I was 12, and I never really outgrew it.  This includes Justin Bieber and One Direction.  I'm ready to be judged :)

I love movies where things that shouldn't talk, (like fish, cars, toys and such) talk.  I would pick one of those movies over pretty much anything else most of the time.

Some people may already know this one, but I dressed in goth my entire teenage years.  I also died my hair red in college...like fire engine red.  I now love pink, sparkles, and nail polish (though I suppose I loved nail polish back then too, it was just black).

I have a serious obsession with chevron stripes. If I could decorate our entire house with them (tastefully), I totally would.

I can't dance at all, but sometimes I have dance parties in my room (to said pop music) to cheer myself up.

Despite my desire to have gorgeous, put together hairdo's every day (and a coordinating cute outfit), I must accept that I will never be willing to put that kind of time into my hair and makeup.  Sigh.

Every time I buy a new pair of glasses I think to myself "this will be the pair that make me look super stylish and cool".  Still hasn't happened.  I would like to know how the people in the commercials look so awesome in their glasses...how?!

I am a sucker for absolutely anything on acoustic guitar.  This is especially true if the song is an amazing cover of a bad pop song.

I love crazy slippers, and never want to own an ordinary pair.  Think zebra stripped, hot pink, glitter slippers. Yep.  I think they're awesome.


I think that's enough for today (have to keep some of my secrets).  So...what's something no one knows about you?

2 comments:

  1. Love this :.

    If people could see just how much effort it takes me to be half put together, well, it would be embarrassing.

    Oh, and I love gangster movies :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this article and thought of you. :) I love crocheting, but I don't do it unless I have a useful project in mind.

    ReplyDelete