Since my uterus is tilted completely backwards (which may or may not be due to my Endo), it's squishing my urethra and making it impossible to pee, lol. The analogy I read is that it;s like trying to drink through a straw with a kink in it. There may not be anything they can do for this problem, or my uterus may decide to tip the right way and take the pressure off; we just have to wait and see. *sigh*
I also learned that something my mother has been telling me for years might actually be true (I was happily in denial until recently).
I have Strabismus (crossed eyes), and had corrective surgery for it when I was really young, but the muscles in my eyes (particularly my left) are still very weak. As it turns out, the stress on my eyes from natural childbirth may actually re-cross my eyes, which would be permanent since they can't do that surgery more than once, so I may need to have a c-section. I was really hoping for an entirely natural birth (the idea of having a needle in my spine seriously freaks me out), and I'm concerned that having a c-section will just add more scar tissue to my already scarred uterus, making it even more difficult to get pregnant in the future.
My body is seriously embarrassing me with all this drama.
In spite of everything, I am still so grateful for this gift, and would do it all again in a heartbeat. It's already more than worth it.

Wow, that's crazy! Who would have thought that childbirth could put stress on your EYES? Maybe your napro doctor would know how to do a C-section with the least chance of adhesions or scarring? Not that they'd do the c-section, but maybe they have tips? Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I know right? All these things you don't think of :) I'm going to see an eye dr next week and hopefully it won't be a problem, but that depends on what they did when I was 5 (crazy!)
DeleteWow! I hope your uterus rights itself so you can urinate properly. (I had retroverted uterus due to Endo too-my surgery fixed that.)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely talk to your NaPro Dr about anti-adhesion techniques for your regular OB. And maybe your NaPro dr can do the c-section. You never know. I hope your eye dr appointment goes well.
Hi Mischa
ReplyDeleteHope your enjoying the pregnancy so far! Just curious as to what the eye doctor said. Will you have to have a c-section? Hope it's doesn't cause any problems!
Thanks
Caroline
Hi Caroline!
DeleteThank you! I am in love already :) The eye doctor said that there shouldn't be a reason why I would need a c-section, so we should proceed as normal. Yay!! So kind of you to ask :)
Blesings
Mischa
Yay! Great news!
ReplyDelete