Monday, March 4, 2013

Goldfish Crackers in Bed

First let me say that my Midwife appointment went well.  She told me to go to see a chiropractor (which is what I was expecting).  

I have my third appointment with Dr. C (the chiro) this afternoon and I am really looking forward to it. This is going to be a slow-ish healing process, but I think he will actually be able to help me!  After my first adjustment, I went from not being able to walk without pain at all, to being able to take almost normal sized steps with only mild discomfort!  Granted, that only lasted a few hours, but it totally gives me hope.  

Dealing with the pelvic pain has really been a humbling experience.  DH has been so wonderful, from helping me up the stairs, to picking things up from low shelves or the floor (I can't bend either); I would be lost without him.  Unfortunately in my  current state, I'm pretty much useless for even the most basic house chores.  The laundry is piling up, the kitchen is a mess, and there's nothing I can do about it.  Very humbling.

The good news is that Agent B (what we've decided to call the baby until we know what we're having) is doing well.  When I went to the midwife about my pelvic pain, she also checked baby's heartbeat, which was perfectly normal at around 142.  When she placed the doppler wand on my belly she commented that we "have a wiggly baby" which completely made my week.  I still can't believe we have such a miracle in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment