How do you deal with the disappointment of “failing” month after month? It’s one of my biggest hurdles (despite my best efforts, I need to work on being more patient).
This morning I dusted off a prayer book I bought a few years ago and started searching. I found a prayer for times when I feel like my prayers are unanswered. It gave me comfort and reminded me to trust God through this journey; I hope it brings you comfort and peace.
“Lord, I know that what I see as unanswered prayers may not be unanswered at all. It means that you are answering according to Your will. Weather I understand You will or not doesn’t affect the fact that I trust it and praise You for it. Thank you for Your unfailing word, and that You always keep Your promises to me. I thank You that Your power is infinite. Your judgements and Your will are perfect, and I trust them. Weather or not my prayers are answered in the way I pray them, I will praise and worship You above all things. For You are my Wonderful Counselor, my Everlasting Father, my Stronghold in the Day of Trouble, and my Resting Place. I rest in You today.” - A Book of Prayer
So, I will praise and worship You above all things, and rest in You today.

No comments:
Post a Comment