Tonight, I'm feeling particularly hopeful, because tomorrow we finally get to visit Dr. Daggs!! It's been six long months since our last visit (which I left feeling cautiously optimistic) when we were told to go home and "see what happens". Dr. D had given me new supplements for my low progesterone, and then for low Estradiol, so we were hopeful that that would fix the problem.
Unfortunately, we (obviously) didn't conceive, and so we are going back to talk with her about "next steps". I suspect, and will actually be pushing for, surgery as our next step. I had surgery for my Endo once before at 19, but that was six years ago now, and a lot has changed. I really want her to go in and clean everything up as best she can so we can have a good window where things should be "perfect" to try. I've heard mixed reviews about the surgery, so I'm trying not to put all of my eggs in this basket, but it's pretty difficult. I keep thinking "this is it! we found the problem, and now we know just how to fix it!". I am continually reminded though that the process of building a family is not as easy as I was lead to believe.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow that Dr. D agrees we should move forward with surgery, and that they have a pretty speedy date so we can get this show on the road!
Did I mention that patience was never really my strong suit? God's funny that way...
Monday, November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment