Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a Date!

I just heard from Dr. Daggs' office, and I now have a surgery date!  

Unless God has other plans, I will be having surgery on February 22nd.  The date works out perfectly because it falls on a Friday which means that Thomas will only miss 1 day of work! (he doesn't have paid vacation with his job).  I'm really looking forward to the next step in our journey, and trying to be hopeful without pinning everything on this one procedure (there's no guarantee that it will fix our problem).  Until then, we hope and wait.  

In an unrelated story, I am crossing off one of my biggest "bucket list" items starting today - I have ordered Rossetta Stone and will be learning Spanish!  After going back as an 8 year old to visit my birth country (the Dominican Republic) I have always wanted to learn the language.  My goal is to travel back someday after I've learned, and not need a translator :)  

When my Dad got sick and passed away so quickly (2 months from his cancer diagnosis this August), I was reminded that tomorrow is never promised.  I want to make sure I don't waste today!

6 comments:

  1. Life is so short. Good for you for following a dream. Spanish is a fun language! ...Sorry to hear about your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a surgery date! I learned spanish in HS but never really kept it up I would love to learn it again. Good for you! Sorry to hear about your day, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant sorry to hear about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your surgery date is the feast of St Peter, the Apostle. What a great day and also convenient for your dh. Surgery is such a healing process, not just physically, but emotionally too.

    My condolences on losing your dad. Picking up Spanish again is such a great tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's awesome! I had no idea, JellyBelly :) Thank you everyone for your condolences, we're all still adjusting (he just left us in October). I did the first lesson in Spanish yesterday and it was great! If any of you are considering Rosetta Stone I would recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are going to be going to language school to learn Spanish in the next year as we are transfering to a new location for our jobs. We hope we can learn fast! Someday we will both be commenting here in Spanish :) Dios te bendiga!

    ReplyDelete